My morning drinks have become healthier with MUD\WTR. It’s a low caffeine alternative with the health benefits of a medicinal mushroom blend but without the adverse effects of black coffee.
I’m a busy dad juggling my family and work time. My morning coffee habit was the only thing that kept me sane for a long time, but I had to quit because it gave me stomach problems.
I switched to MUD\WTR after reading all the raving reviews, and I was amazed at how calm and focused I was during the day with the MUD\WTR: rise morning drink blend, and at night, the Rest blend kept me relaxed and sleeping sound.
Lately, I have considered reverse-engineering the MUD\WTR recipe out of curiosity. So let me share my findings.
What are MUD\WTR ingredients?
MUD\WTR is an alternative to caffeinated morning drinks, which boasts low caffeine anti-inflammation and antioxidant properties. The official MUDWTR recipe comes in two varieties: the morning blend called Rise and the evening blend called Rest. Each of these blends has unique ingredients.
Morning MUDWTR Recipe
Morning mud drink is made with 100% organic mushroom powder from mycelium and fruiting bodies of functional fungi. It contains only 1/7th of the caffeine in regular Joe. It also includes the best ayurvedic herbs, cacao powder, and adaptogens for improved energy, brain function, and other health benefits. The secret behind the success of MUD\WTR is the following ingredients:
- Cacao – improves energy levels and mood.
- Chaga – is high in antioxidants and, thus, can reduce inflammation and treat conditions like high blood pressure, arthritis, diabetes, and cancer.
- Cinnamon – has anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial properties. Cinnamon can relieve ulcers and promote a healthy digestive system.
- Cordyceps – can improve energy without the usual jittery effects and nervousness. This mushroom will make you feel relaxed and calm.
- Lion’s Mane – can promote mental clarity and focus. Lion’s Mane is a functional shroom used for thousands of years in traditional medicine.
- Masala chai is a spicy tea drink with a small amount of caffeine.
- Reishi – can promote longevity and improve immune system health.
- Sea salt – can balance electrolytes, regulate blood pressure, and relieves fluid retention.
- Turmeric – can promote heart health, slow down Alzheimer’s disease, and can relieve depression.
Evening MUDWTR Recipe
Evening mud drink can help you calm down, relax, and get ready to sleep. It is organic, gluten-free, vegan, and non-GMO. MUD\WTR: rest is caffeine-free and has no sugar or artificial sweeteners. You can add MUD\WTR sweetener and coconut creamer if you want to improve its taste. This mud powder has the following unique ingredients.
- Ashwagandha root extract – can reduce anxiety and stress. Ashwagandha root extracts can promote cortisol and blood sugar balance in the body.
- Ceylon cinnamon –is high in antioxidants that help the body remove harmful free radicals. Ceylon cinnamon can prevent diabetes, heart disease, and cancers and promotes bone health.
- Chamomile extract – has apigenin, an antioxidant that promotes calmness and improves sleep.
- Lucuma fruit powder – is high in fiber which can improve digestive system health. It is rich in polyphenols and carotenoids that can prevent cancers and heart disease.
- Passionflower extract – can help with sleep, anxiety, muscle pains, and ADHD. Passionflower extracts will calm you and prepare you for a good night’s sleep.
- Reishi – can help you fight cancer and infections. Reishi mushrooms reduce stress and promote sleep and physical and mental fatigue.
- Rooibos tea extract –can help you reduce weight and inflammation and promote digestive system and heart health.
- Turkey Tail –has high flavonoids and phenols that reduce inflammation. Turkey Tail can help you relax so you can fall asleep faster.
- Turmeric – can protect the body from oxidative stress, improve mood, relieve depression, and lessen anxiety levels.
- Valerian root extract – can promote sleep and help you stay asleep longer. Valerian root extract can help with anxiety and enhance your mood.
My DIY MUD\WTR Recipe
Now on with the homemade MUD\WTR recipe. This recipe follows all the ingredients found in the original mud water serving. Those who have tried my recipe say that the flavor, taste, and consistency are similar to the original blend.
What you will need
- Cacao – 2 to 3 cups
- Masala chai mix – 1 can
- Turmeric – 1 cup
- Himalayan sea salt – 1/8 cup
- Cinnamon – 1 cup
- Mushroom mixture
- Natural coconut cream powder
- Black pepper to taste (optional)
- Large mixing bowl
- Wire whisk
- Measuring spoons and cups
Note: the mushrooms are available in dried powder form. You can use the mushroom extract for this recipe. Use about ½ cup of this powder. This should cover all the ingredients in this list.
- Prepare all the ingredients and the supplies.
- Open the tins and bags and place all the ingredients in the large bowl.
- Mix everything with a wire whisk.
- Keep the mix in an airtight container.
- Mix the powder in water when you want to drink it. Use a tablespoon of the mixture to a cup of water or milk.
- Use a frother to mix mud water. Be sure to mix well to avoid leaving any residue at the bottom of the cup or mug.
While I prefer the convenience of a MUD\WTR subscription, I’ve found that making your own is more economical than purchasing the original product. Let’s see why.
Original MUD\WTR monthly subscription costs:
- 30 servings of MUD\WTR: rest or rise – $40
- 90 servings of MUD\WTR: rest or rise – $100
- Starter Kits (MUD\WTR: rest or rise), sweetener sample, creamer sample, guidebook, stickers, scoop, and battery-powered frother – $40
- Sacred 7 – one tin – $25
- Turmeric powder – $3.43 per kilo
- Ceylon cinnamon powder – $18.78 a pound
- Masala chai mix – $10
- Cocoa powder – $29.99 per kilo
- Himalayan sea salt – $9.49 for two pounds
Initially, preparing your own MUD\WTR at home may cost more, but over time, you can make a lot of cups from your supplies. Meanwhile, you will spend $100 for 90 cups of the original blend. Assuming you drink three cups daily, a 90-cup original MUD\WTR order can last only a month. On the other hand, the DIY MUD WTR recipe can last for at least two months.
Is MUD\WTR just chai?
Do you drink MUD\WTR hot or cold?
You can drink MUD\WTR hot or cold. For hot MUD\WTR, mix a teaspoon scoop with a cup of water and use a frother or mixer to ensure that the ingredients have been evenly mixed. For cold MUD\WTR, you can mix a scoop of powder in a glass of cold water.
It would be best if you used a frother to mix the powder evenly. Mixing this with a spoon won’t do as you will only make the powder float or settle at the bottom.
What is similar to MUD\WTR?
MUD\WTR coffee alternative is just one of the many impressive mushroom coffee brands on the market. The following brands are available:
- Clevr – known as the best mushroom latte with no sugar or dairy. It comes with adaptogens to boost stress and probiotics to improve immunity.
- Ryze – the best mushroom drink for keto users. It is paleo-friendly, vegan, and sugar-free.
- Rasa – the best caffeine-free mushroom brew that’s herbalist made with adaptogenic shrooms.
- Four Sigmatic – the best budget-friendly mushroom blend from nutrient-dense ingredients.
What’s better, MUD\WTR or Ryze?
MUD\WTR and Ryze are both excellent coffee alternatives. However, MUD\WTR does not contain coffee; the caffeine comes from cacao. Ryze has organic Arabica coffee, which means it has higher caffeine content.
Both products are made from medicinal mushrooms; cordyceps, lion’s Mane, reishi, and turkey tail are just some of the shrooms in the blend. If you’re looking for a low-caffeine and low to zero sugar alternative, then MUD\WTR is your top choice.
How much is MUD\WTR monthly?
The MUD\WTR monthly depends on the subscription you purchased. The cost of a 30-day subscription for the MUD\WTR: rise starter kit starts at $40.
Who owns MUD\WTR?
Shane Heath is the owner, founder, and CEO of MUD\WTR.
MUD\WTR is a popular mushroom drink made from quality medicinal fungi, hand-picked herbs, and cacao. It contains less caffeine than regular coffee and other mushroom coffees.
You can make homemade MUD\WTR by combining dried and ground shrooms, herbs, and spices. This method is more cost-efficient, but it’s more time-consuming.