Buy The Working Dad’s Survival Guide Today!
In The Media
I have made appearances on major media outlets, such as MSNBC, NPR, Bloomberg Radio and Fox News, usually as an expert commenter on fatherhood and work-family issues. See below for links and videos. Please contact me if you’d like me to appear on your show. Click here for a bio and pictures that can be used for publicity.
Here are audio and video clips of various appearances:
– MSNBC discussing Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s two-month (and very public) paternity leave:
– NBC News, discussing the state of working dads for Father’s Day 2015
– MSNBC, in which I was interviewed about the White House Summit on Working Fathers and the state of work and family for dads
– Huffington Post Live on Working Fathers and Paternity Leave.
– I am in the regular rotation as part of the parent panel for Fox News’ Fox and Friends Saturday. Here’s a partial clip from my first appearance. More links to come.
– CBS This Morning, where I discussed paternity leave and the media firestorm over NY Mets ballplayer Daniel Murphy’s paternity leave and some ill-informed media reactions. (Unfortunately, due to DVR-fail, all I have is a poor quality video from my own camera)
– Major podcasts including Positive Parenting with Armin Brott, Fatherhood is Leadership with Devon Bandison, Life of Dad After Show, The Morris & Jerome Show, The Voice of Job Seekers Podcast, Dad Mode Podcast, Dads in the Spotlight, and The Dad Podcast with Justin Worsham.
– NPR’s Radio Times I was a guest for a full hour discussion on Paternity Leave with host Marty Moss-Coane and journalist Liza Mundy
– I appeared on the national broadcast of the Hays Advantage on Bloomberg Radio in the lead-up to father’s day and shortly after the White House Summit on Working Fathers
– On August 15, I was interviewed for this NPR’s All Things Considered story on fatherhood and social media
– Huffington Post Live I was a panelist on this 1/2 hour discussion about “Lean In” and the division of paid and household work between men and women
– I was the subject of a Faculty Focus interview by my employer, Fairleigh Dickinson University about my work on fathers’ issues and work-life balance
– Wharton’s Business Radio Satellite channel 111. An hour-long interview with Dr. Stewart Friedman on the weekly Work and Life program (here’s a partial transcript) As part of an hour-long panel on Dot Complicated with Randi Zuckerberg, and an hour interview with Women @ Work.
– Left Jab Radio, Sirius/XM channel 127. Click here for the podcast– (to hear me, jump to the 26 minute mark of the hour-long broadcast, I am on for about 17 minutes). Father’s Day interview with Jon Aberman and Mark Walsh
– I was interviewed about my advocacy for working dads by WorkLifeHub. In fact, I was the subject of their first (of many) podcasts featuring work-life experts.
– I was the primary guest and co-host of an hour-long podcast hosted by the Thirdpath Institute as part of their “Thursdays with Thirdpath” series (June 13th). Click here for the podcast: TWTP June 13 – Fathers Day