Mushroom coffee is more than just hype. It looks, smells, and tastes like traditional coffee, but it comes with medicinal mushrooms’ therapeutic and performance benefits. One of the most popular coffee replacement products for working dads is MUD\WTR.
What keeps me going these days is a delicious cup of coffee replacement drink from MUD\WTR. Below is a MUD\WTR review from a real dad meant to help fellow busy dads everywhere.
What is MUD\WTR, and Is It Good for You?
MUD\WTR is a coffee replacement brand made from safe, USDA-certified organic and non-GMO ingredients. This java replacement uses selected shroom parts such as mycelial biomass and mushroom fruiting bodies, which produce the best tasting, healthy beverage option.
MUD\WTR is made in the USA. The mycelium and fruiting bodies are dried, ground, and packed fresh at the manufacturing facilities in the United States.
All MUD\WTR packaging is sustainable and recyclable, so even buying this product won’t affect the environment. The product comes in a stylish black tin with a metal lid.
MUD\WTR’s morning brew is a healthy alternative to your morning coffee jolt. It is 100% organic with mycelial biomass and fruity bodies of shrooms, allowing these to complete their growth cycle. With the morning brew, you can wake up with more energy, mental clarity, and calmness which you won’t find in a regular cup of joe.
MUD\WTR morning brew is also known as Rise because you will rise from bed with newfound energy. The secret behind the success of MUD\WTR is its ingredients. MUD\WTR coffee alternative is a blend of the following:
- Masala chai – this is a spicy tea drink made from black tea. Masala chai comes with a small amount of caffeine but is not as high as regular coffee drinks.
- Cacao – your mushroom beverage will have a nutty taste with cacao. This natural ingredient can improve energy levels and increase mood.
- Lion’s Mane – this mushroom can promote mental clarity and enhance focus. It is a functional shroom found in North America, Asia, and Europe. Lion’s Mane is one of the many medical mushrooms used for thousands of years to treat various conditions.
- Chaga – this mushroom is high in antioxidants. It can reduce inflammation and treat conditions like high blood pressure from contracted blood vessels, arthritis, and diabetes. There are claims that Chaga can slow down the progress of cancer cells.
- Reishi – this mushroom can boost longevity and help with immunity issues. Reishi mushrooms come with a woody flavor that blends well with other natural ingredients in MUD\WTR coffee replacements.
- Cordyceps – another mushroom ingredient in Rise is cordyceps. It can improve energy levels minus the jittery effects and nervousness. Cordyceps can improve your mood without crashing hours later. You’ll eventually feel relaxed and calm so that you can be ready for bedtime.
- Turmeric – this natural ingredient comes with curcumin, an active compound that can promote heart health and slow down or prevent degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and cancer. Turmeric also has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. Taking turmeric daily can also relieve symptoms of depression.
- Cinnamon – there are many health benefits of cinnamon. It has anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial properties. It can ease digestion problems and help prevent ulcers. Cinnamon can also help people with high blood pressure.
- Sea salt – MUD\WTR comes with sea salt, which can balance electrolytes, improve digestion, regulate blood pressure, and treats fluid retention.
MUD\WTR contains only 1/7th of the caffeine found in regular coffee. In addition, it includes some of the best ayurvedic herbs, cacao, and adaptogens which give working dads like me natural energy, improved focus, and healthier immune systems.
If you’re done with feeling jittery all day because of taking cup after cup of regular coffee, then MUD\WTR: Rise is the cup for you.
Another version of MUD\WTR is the evening blend or Rest. If you’re the kind who wants to wind down the day with a cup of coffee, then Rest may be the cup for you. This evening coffee blend can make you calm down, relax, and take all your worries to rest.
MUD\WTR: Rest is my new evening ritual. Like Rise, it is organic, kosher, gluten-free, vegan, and non-GMO. In addition, this caffeine-free blend can promote calmness and relaxation thanks to its unique ingredients.
- Rooibos tea extract – this is the base ingredient of MUD\WTR: Rest. Rooibos tea extracts can help you reduce weight, treat inflammation, and enhance digestive system health. There are claims that rooibos tea extracts can also preserve heart health.
- Valerian root extract – this is a potent herb that can promote sleep and helps you stay asleep for a more extended period. Valerian root extract can ease anxiety and enhance mood. It can naturally relax muscles so you can feel at ease and ready for sleep.
- Ceylon cinnamon – this natural herb is highly antioxidant and can help you remove harmful free radicals. Ceylon cinnamon can reduce your risk of developing diabetes, heart disease, and cancers. Finally, Ceylon cinnamon is rich in manganese which is responsible for bone health and strength.
- Turkey’s tail – this medicinal mushroom has high flavonoids and phenols, which can help reduce inflammation. Turkey’s tail can promote relaxation so that you can fall asleep faster.
- Passionflower extract – this herb has many uses for relaxation and sleep. This is why passionflower extract is part of dietary supplements for sleep, anxiety, pain, menopausal symptoms, and ADHD. Extracts of passionflower are also helpful in helping you calm down so you can get ready for a good night’s sleep.
- Ashwagandha root extract –this herb can reduce anxiety and relieve stress. Ashwagandha root extracts can also balance cortisol and blood sugar levels. It can make you feel relaxed and ready for sleep.
- Reishi – this medicinal mushroom can improve immunity. It directly affects white blood cells, which are blood components that fight cancer and infections. Reishi mushrooms can also relieve stress, enhance sleep, and reduce physical and mental fatigue.
- Turmeric – aside from turmeric’s antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, it can also protect the body from oxidative stress and promote sleep. It can improve mood, relieve symptoms of depression, and reduce anxiety levels.
- Chamomile extract – chamomile has apigenin, an antioxidant that can promote calmness and improve sleep. It is an effective herb used for insomnia.
- Lucuma fruit powder – this fruit is high in fiber, improving digestive system health. Lucuma fruit is high in polyphenols and carotenoids, which are known to fight cancer and prevent heart disease.
MUD\WTR: Rest is caffeine-free because it’s a nighttime brew that can help you get a good night’s sleep. Aside from having no caffeine, it also has no sugar or artificial sweeteners. Unfortunately, some people find Rest a bit dull. If you’re one of them, you can use MUD\WTR sweetener.
What are the Benefits of MUD\WTR?
Unlike regular coffee, the MUD\WTR alternative has tons of health benefits. But to fully reap these fantastic benefits, you must first decide whether you need the MUD\WTR: Rise or Rest. Rise is for you if you want to drink coffee to help you stay alert and in a good mood all day. But if you want to relax and wind down in the evening, Rest is the best coffee to prepare you at bedtime.
Here are the benefits of using the MUD\WTR products.
Improve energy and enhance focus
MUD\WTR: Rise comes with natural ingredients that stimulate the nervous system and trigger focused energy. Take a cup of Rise in the morning, and you’ll experience improved focus without the feeling of nervousness and anxiety that you’ll feel with regular coffee.
Enhance immune system health
The Rise blend comes with ingredients that can boost the immune system. Functional mushrooms in MUD\WTR: Rise can help you avoid illness and reduce inflammation, deal with allergies, and many more. Functional mushrooms also promote gut health which affects immune system health.
Promote calmness and Rest
The MUD\WTR: Rest can promote physical and mental calmness. This evening blend will help you get a good night’s sleep, so you’re prepared for the demands of the following days.
MUD\WTR can promote better sleep. For example, if you find it hard to sleep after a long day at work or your mind can’t switch off from thinking about problems, Rest can help you relax and be ready for sleep. No need to take prescription medications for sleep when you have MUD\WTR: Rest.
Promote digestive system health
Mud water has natural ingredients that help keep your digestive system healthy. This product also has high fiber content, making your bowel movements regular.
Preserve heart health
Another benefit of mushroom coffee is that it can promote heart health. Medicinal mushrooms like reishi mushrooms come with beta-glucans and triterpenoids, which can reduce blood pressure and blood sugar levels and lowers your risk of suffering from heart disease and diabetes.
What are the Side Effects of MUD\WTR?
MUD\WTR: Rise and Rest are generally safe to drink daily. Those who consume this product have reported minimal side effects, including digestive system issues like nausea, abdominal pains, and diarrhea.
Mud wtr does not contain caffeine, and thus, you won’t feel jittery and anxious after taking a cup. However, it is also possible that some of the ingredients of MUD\WTR can cause allergies. If you’re unsure if you’re allergic to these ingredients or not, consult your doctor before taking this product.
Common allergy symptoms include itching, rashes, abdominal pains, nausea, and vomiting. Other side effects will depend on specific mushrooms and herbs that are found in the blend.
How Do You Drink MUD\WTR?
There are many ways to use MUD\WTR, but brewing it like coffee is the most common. This blend is easy to administer as you only need to scoop a small amount of the mushroom coffee powder into a mug of hot water. Use the scoop that came with your Starter Kit.
If you don’t want a hot drink, you can also add a few scoops of MUD\WTR into cold water. You may use milk or sweetener to improve the flavor. Your MUD\WTR starter kit also comes with a mini, battery-operated frother which you can use to mix the powder in water and to create a gentle foam.
It would be best to drink your prepared beverage at once. This ensures that you’re drinking and taking advantage of the natural benefits of this mushroom drink.
There are other ways to use the MUD\WTR alternative. Aside from making beverages, consider the following ideas:
- Iced matcha drink
- Iced latte
- Blueberry smoothies
- Mud shake
- Fruit tea
- Spicy and sweet latte
- Chocolate and coconut mud drink
- Iced mocha mud drink
- Iced lavender latte
- Manuka honey mud
- Mint chocolate chip mud smoothie
- Mud eggnog
- Banana smoothie
- Mud shakerato
- Pumpkin spiced mud latte
- Spicy chocolate mud
- Salted caramel mud smoothie
All these fantastic MUD\WTR recipes are easy to make and require only a few ingredients to proceed. If you’re interested in taking advantage of MUD\WTR benefits and would prefer these recipes, check these recipes out on their official website.
How Can I Make My MUD\WTR Taste Better?
There are many ways to make your MUD\WTR taste even better. One of these is by using MUD\WTR sweetener. Add this natural sweetener, not the kind you buy from the supermarket! You can use one or more scoops of sweetener, depending on your preference.
Aside from using MUD\WTR sweetener, you can also use other natural sweeteners like honey to make your mushroom drink taste better. And if you want a better way to consume MUD\WTR, use the recipes we mentioned found on the MUD\WTR official website or my DIY MUDWTR recipe.
How Good is MUD\WTR?
MUD\WTR alternative tastes good and works great. This mushroom drink is one of the best-tasting I have tried. Initially skeptical, I did not know much about mushroom brews, but after I had the first cup, I was amazed by the flavor and rich taste. There is no hint of mushrooms and herbs.
You can guarantee that it will stay true to its promise regarding how effective this product is. Use the MUD\WTR: Rise, and you’ll get more energy and improve focus at the start of the day. Rise will also help you maintain immune system health and promote digestive health.
On the other hand, the MUD\WTR: Rest can promote sleep and relaxation. It is a mushroom beverage you can take in the evenings as its active ingredients help you calm and ready to sleep. The best thing about using both MUD\WTR: Rise and Rest is that you won’t feel jittery and nervous, which are very common with regular coffees.
And of course, MUD\WTR is excellent for daily use as it does not come with any side effects for most people. However, in rare cases, these could be digestive issues like nausea, diarrhea, indigestion, and allergic reactions if you’re sensitive to specific ingredients.
Does MUD\WTR taste like coffee?
Yes, MUD\WTR tastes like regular java. If you compare the two side by side, you may be unable to tell which. Some people even say that the MUD\WTR alternative tastes better than traditional coffee with its delicious nutty flavor. This flavor is what makes MUD\WTR more popular than other mushroom coffee brands.
Is there caffeine in MUD\WTR?
The Rise blend comes with 35 mg of caffeine, just a tiny amount compared to traditional lattes and instant coffees. The caffeine is from the black tea leaves in masala chai. But the rest of the ingredients are free from caffeine.
Does MUD\WTR wake you up?
Yes, MUD\WTR: Rise can help you wake up because of its many stimulating but non-jittery ingredients. Rise tastes like masala chai with hot chocolate. You’ll feel energetic and focused without crashing hours later and without any dependencies. And aside from helping you wake up, you’ll benefit from its immune and digestive systems protection.
Can I drink MUD\WTR multiple times a day?
Yes, you can drink MUD\WTR many times daily, but we recommend you use this moderately. Although it has no caffeine, sugars, and artificial ingredients, you still need to take it in moderation if you have medical issues. Ask your doctor if MUD\WTR is suitable for your medical condition.
Is MUD\WTR alkaline?
Yes, MUD\WTR is alkaline as the mushrooms in this drink are alkaline so that it won’t cause excessive stomach acid production. However, if you have gastric issues or are unsure about taking alkaline drinks, it’s best to consult your doctor or dietician before drinking MUD\WTR.
Does MUD\WTR have sugar in it?
No, the MUD\WTR alternative is free from sugar. You can take this brew anytime, even twice a day, without worrying about affecting your blood sugar levels. It is also free from artificial sweeteners.
If you find MUD\WTR bland, you can add sweeteners from MUD\WTR. However, it’s best to avoid regular sugar or artificial sweeteners.
Is MUD\WTR organic?
Yes, all MUD\WTR mushroom coffees, creamers, and sweeteners are certified organic by the USDA.
Does MUD\WTR make your trip?
No, MUD\WTR blends are made from medicinal mushrooms, not psychedelic mushrooms. Nothing in mud water can make you trip or hallucinate.
Is MUD\WTR a nootropic?
Yes, MUD\WTR is a nootropic. It has ingredients that can improve memory, mental capacity, and concentration. Taking MUD\WTR: Rise can make you more alert and not jittery or nervous in the morning. You can continue with your work or study after taking a cup.
Is MUD\WTR keto-friendly?
Yes, MUD\WTR is keto-friendly. It is a perfect coffee substitute drink for people observing a ketogenic diet: high fat, moderate protein, and low carb diet. If you want to use MUD\WTR with your keto diet, consult your doctor or nutritionist. Check the recipes on the MUD\WTR page to get keto food and drink ideas.
How do I cancel MUD\WTR?
You may cancel your MUD\WTR subscription at any time. Simply go to your MUD\WTR account to cancel. You may also email the company at firstname.lastname@example.org to stop your subscription. The company won’t renew your subscription after the current term expires.
MUD\WTR is a mushroom coffee brand made from natural, organic, and medicinal ingredients. Thanks to its high-quality herbs and mushroom ingredients, it has antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer properties.
MUD\WTR has two varieties: Rise and Rest. Rise will help busy and working dads like me to prepare for the day. It gives me just the right amount of energy without the crash or the jitters. Rise also protects me from digestive system problems, diabetes, and heart issues.
Meanwhile, Rest is also a lifesaver. Dads will love its calming effects helping us feel restful, relaxed, and ready to hit a good night’s sleep. There are some minimal side effects but only in people allergic to mushrooms and those who cannot tolerate some of its ingredients.
All-in-all, MUD\WTR is a no-brainer coffee alternative. Those who want something better than coffee will love its formula, taste, flavor, and effects.